How late is too late for a short sale?
Why Start Now?
- The sooner negotiations can begin, the better
- Banks are more willing to negotiate when you start early
- Negotiations may be possible as late as 2 weeks before the foreclosure date
- If you are represented by an attorney, you will likely be able to get an extension on your foreclosure date
- Short sale negotiations can typically last 2-6 months
How do I start?
The goal is to have a successful short sale and be through with the looming threat of foreclosure or unpaid debts. When you begin the process early, your lenders tend to be more receptive and your Realtor or neogiator has more time to strategize a smooth transaction. If you find yourself getting close to your foreclosure date and would like an expert to help you through the process, click on "GET STARTED" , fill in your information, talk with one of our Realtors, and we'll do everything we can to get an extension on the auction date so we can have enough time to negotiate a smooth transation.